I am very smart deal with it !
I know its almost 2 AM and I’m not sleeping yet. Who cares? I’m more inspired at night.
So I want to talk about something that has troubled me all my life. Why should I feel ashamed that I have an high intelligence?
I got into college at 16 and try to hide it when I meet new people. Why? Because once they know that they start judging, they take everything I say as a threat or as a demonstration of my knowledge. Let’s be clear about some points :
- You cannot measure intelligence by how much a person know. It’s called culture.
- I’m not trying to show off when I say I like to do a lot of research its true. It’s called curiosity
- I don’t think I’m smarter than everyone. I can process information faster than average and I have good auditory memory its a gift. But my visual memory and my practical aptitudes are well bellow normal.
- I don’t think I’m better than everyone else. Sometime I wished I was what people called normal, my life would’ve been easier
- Don’t try to fit me in a box! A person can both a scientist and a artist. (Just learnt that)
- People choose to be ignorant, you cannot blame me for choosing the path of knowledge (its never to late to start learning)
- I’m tired feeling guilty of wining an argument ( political, social etc ) against a Man or someone older. I think i have the right to express my opinion
- I can be a Woman be smart, have a family and be pretty AT THE SAME TIME
- IQ is not the only way to define intelligence.The human brain possess far more facets than this simplistic definition. It’s about exploiting one’s strength
- And yes sometimes I challenge people just for argument sake. I formulate theories quite easily and nothing makes me happier than someone refuting my theories or at least question it. The more we discuss the more we learn.
I feel lighter now 🙂
Please stop labeling others. Humans are complex animals full of contradictions. Everything is not black in white, not even in science. There is no such thing as a straight line or a perfect circle. Stop simplifying things ans dig a little deeper… IT WONT HURT YOUR BRAIN!